Delivering CPC Training to PCV & LGV Drivers
Welcome to your local Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) approved training provider, based in Hull, in the East Riding of Yorkshire, with excellent road and rail links to the area and beyond.
Our dedicated and experienced team of trainers provide:
- Driver CPC courses to both PCV and LGV drivers either as individuals or small or large companies.
- PCV Drivers' Licence Acquisition training.
- Driving Safety Assessments for companies, clubs etc.
EYMS Group Limited's training division, "EYMS Bus & Coach Training", provide comprehensive training to their subsidiary company, East Yorkshire Motor Services Limited, for all their bus and coach operations across Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, Scarborough, and parts of North Yorkshire. We also supply training to other EYMS Group subsidiary companies, Finglands Coachways based in Manchester and Whittle Coach and Bus based in Worcestershire.
EYMS Group's main subsidiary, East Yorkshire Motor Services Ltd., has been serving the Hull area for over 80 years, so has unrivalled experience of carrying millions of passengers safely each year on local bus, express services and holiday tours throughout the region, nationally, and to western Europe. This experience includes the provision of initial and in-service training for the 500 drivers employed, many of whom have earned NVQ Level 2 certificates and achieved awards for many years' safe driving in the scheme run by the Road Operators' Safety Council (ROSCO), of which EYMS is an active member.
EYMS Bus & Coach Training is staffed by a team of qualified Trainers, Instructors and NVQ Assessors/Internal verifiers all overseen by a full time Training Manager based at the EYMS Group head office in Hull.
Training Excellence Awards
The Training team celebrate the consecutive winning of the Training Excellence Awards at the Mail News & Media Business Awards in 2009 and 2010. The judges said "EYMS has enhanced its in-house training to such an extent that it was amongst the first in the country approved to deliver the new Driver CPC training courses... a wide variety of courses go from strength to strength".
The training division has also previously been short listed for the bus and coach industry RouteOne Operator Excellence Awards in both 2007 and 2009.
This is a qualification that all professional bus, coach and lorry drivers require if they want to drive professionally. The aims of the Driver CPC are to:
- Improve road safety.
- Ensure drivers continually update their skills and knowledge.
- Recognise and accredit the knowledge and skills required for professional bus, coach and lorry drivers.
- Raise the status of bus, coach and lorry drivers to promote driving as a career.
Drivers who already held a PCV or LGV driving licence on the start of the introduction date of the Driver CPC will have 'acquired rights' for the first 5 years and will not need to hold a Driver CPC during that period. The start date for PCV drivers was September 2008 and LGV drivers September 2009.
However, they must work towards their Driver CPC by completing the CPC periodic training if they wish to continue driving professionally beyond the initial 5 years.
CPC Periodic Training is regular training that every professional driver will need to complete throughout a bus, coach or lorry driver's professional driving career. Every 5 year period drivers need to complete 35 hours of CPC periodic training and this periodic training can be delivered in blocks of 7 hours.
PCV Drivers' Licence Acquisition Training
New drivers looking to gain a bus, coach or lorry licence will not have acquired rights. New drivers need to pass an initial qualification before being able to drive professionally.
The initial qualification is in four modules with five tests:
- Licence Acquisition – Theory Test and Hazard Perception Test
- Licence Acquisition – Practical Driving Test
- Driver CPC – Theory Test
- Driver CPC – Practical Test
We can help you gain your PCV licence, contact us today...
Driver CPC Periodic Training courses available from EYMS Bus & Coach Training
DSA approved as a Driver CPC centre we have developed a range of training courses that will cover the requirements for Driver CPC training with courses we can tailor to your needs including:
- 7 Hour – SAFED course developing fuel efficient driving
- 7 Hour - Customer Care and Disability Awareness course.
- 7 Hour - Working Time, Drivers' Hours and Tachograph Regulations course – Including both Analogue and Digital Tachograph systems.
- 7 Hour - Defensive Driving & Driver Development course.
- 3 ½ Hour – Health & Safety
- 3 ½ Hour – Manual Handling
- 3 ½ Hour – Safe Banksman/Reversing Vehicle Operation
- 3 ½ Hour – Working Time, Drivers' Hours & Tachograph Regulations short course
- 3 ½ Hour – Driver Safety Checks and Basic Mechanical Principles
- 3 ½ Hour – Driver Legal Awareness
- 3 ½ Hour – DDA Lift & Wheelchair Loading Procedures
The above 3 ½ hour courses can be delivered in any combination to make a full seven-hour course for
CPC requirements. Please contact the Training Manager to discuss courses suited to your requirements or for
further information. Details of our courses we offer.
In addition we are continuously developing courses for future delivery, so please keep checking for
or contact the Training Manager to discuss bespoke courses.
Register your Driver CPC & Training interests
Individuals or companies interested in completing Driver CPC Periodic Training courses or looking to
undertake training for PCV Licence Acquisition and the Initial Qualification with EYMS Bus & Coach
Training are welcome to use our training enquiry form
to register your interest and receive further information.
Alternatively please contact:
EYMS Bus & Coach Training
252 Anlaby Road
Tel: 01482 381738