Part Time Customer Service Advisor - Hull
Our Customer Service Advisors provide our customers with a wide range of information to assist them with their bus journeys; when and where our services run, various fares and passes, service changes due to roadworks or events, and even what to do if they’ve lost something on the bus. Our friendly Advisors also provide information and take bookings for our wide range of coach holidays, day trips and National Express services.
We operate both face to face at our Travel Centres in Hull Paragon Interchange and Scarborough Rail Station, and via our telephone service based at Head Office on Anlaby Road, Hull.
We have two part time roles available, based in Hull. The number of hours worked will vary according to holiday cover etc, and will be discussed at interview.
- Providing bus travel and journey information to customers using various media forms.
- Providing information regarding East Yorkshire Coaches products and National Express products to encourage and facilitate bookings.
- Dealing with customer enquiries regarding lost property, IOU vouchers, refunds etc.
- Processing monetary transactions.
- Processing enquiries regarding our travel cards and the East Yorkshire Buses app using our in-house systems.
- Handling Head Office switchboard calls, including transferring them to colleagues as required or communicating messages.
- Dealing with first level complaints and escalating to the Customer Service Manager as required.
What’s in it for you?
Our Customer Service Advisors benefit from the flexibility of part-time hours across a number of shift patterns. You’ll also enjoy all the same benefits as our full-time employees such as holiday pay, NEST pension, discounts and offers and free travel for you, your partner (and up to two children when travelling with you). Our bus services will bring you right to our front door so there’s no need to have your own vehicle and no expensive parking fees to pay in the City Centre (but there’s a car park at Head Office if you want to bring your car anyway!). If you are in a face-to-face role we’ll even provide you with a free uniform. Pay is £8.21 per hour.
What makes a great candidate for this role?
You must have great customer service skills and be a team player. A good grasp of English and maths is essential as you’ll being doing some admin, and a knowledge of the local area is helpful. Previous complaint handing experience and use of social media in a professional capacity is desirable. You need to look smart and professional, and be willing to work shifts (between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Saturday).
How do I apply?
To apply for the position of Customer Service Advisor please send your CV and a covering letter to our Customer Service Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date – 23 April 2019.
Use our online form to email your enquiry.
Back to Vacancy List