Head of Finance
We have a vacancy for a Head of Finance to lead the finance team at our head office in Anlaby Road, Hull. Working with the Senior Management Team and reporting to the Area Director the successful candidate will be responsible for the production of weekly and monthly management information and accounts and business partnering with engineering, commercial and operations colleagues.
• Oversight of all key financial controls and best practice for the business to maintain internal and external audit standards. Pro-actively help to drive information production forward and interact with colleagues across all departments.
• Review weekly payroll and cash journals to Oracle.
• Produce and review control accounts across all key balance sheet areas.
• Post fuel journals, engineering journals and internal KPIs to management accounts.
• Provide weekly and monthly key financial KPI information to all levels of management.
• Maintenance, ownership and control of the fixed asset register in line with Group policies and procedures.
• Be the first point of contact for P&L queries from Senior Management.
• Support the parent company FD with regard to internal controls and reporting.
• Take responsibility for the internal and Group reporting of non-financial KPI’s and work with local managers to develop and standardise the processes.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Preferably a qualified accountant (AAT, ACCA or CIMA).
• Experience of management accounting, journal posting, balance sheet reconciliations etc.
• Strong Excel skills, with the ability to design and implement Excel tools.
• Experience of Oracle Financials would be an advantage but is not essential.
• A positive, self-motivated and driven character with a clear desire to succeed.
• An inquisitive mind, with a proven track record of problem solving, project management and continuous improvement in a business environment.
• A good communicator with the ability to build effective interpersonal relationships and work well in a team.
• A high level of accuracy.
• Able to effectively prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
• A flexible approach to working hours, recognising that workload may vary according to the needs of the business.
• A high level of self-awareness, with a willingness to pursue personal development.
• An informal yet committed and pragmatic approach, capable of working within a highly committed Head Office environment.
• The highest levels of honesty and integrity.
Please e-mail Ben Gilligan, Area Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter of no more than 500 words detailing what attracted you to this role, including the skills and capabilities that you would bring to it.
Equal Opportunities: We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnic group. However, as women and member of ethnic minority groups are currently under represented at this level of post, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Appointments will be based upon merit alone.
Closing date: 25 July 2019
Use our online form to email your enquiry.
Back to Vacancy List