Student Card - Frequently Asked Questions

Please click on one of the questions to reveal its answer.

What sort of student cards do you have?

For Hull University students, we have a Semester Card and a Student Discount Card. Information on both can be found on our Hull Uni pages.

University of York, York St John and Coventry University (Scarborough campus) students can apply for a Student Discount Card. Information is available on our York/Coventry Uni pages.

Hull College, Goole College, East Riding College and Bishop Burton College students are eligible for Student Discount Cards. Apply for these on our Colleges page.

All 16-18 year olds, no matter where they go to college or work, can apply for our Go Card. Find out more on our Go Card page.

How do your cards work?

Why don't I just pay my fares as I use the bus?

What buses can I use my ticket on?

How do I apply?

Where do I collect my card?

Can I apply for a Semester Card and a Student Discount Card?

What happens if I lose my card, or it is stolen or damaged?

Can I let another student use my ticket or pass?

What happens if I leave university before the ticket expires?

I already have one type of card - can I swap to another?

It’s my 19th birthday so my Go Card has expired - what do I do?

I still can’t find an answer to my question - who can I speak to?

Still have a question? Please contact BusLine on 01482 59 29 29 or email

All enquires will be answered within one working day.